Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Peaceful week with a hint of thrill

Mr B went on holiday this week. This means I am free from Mr B for a week which means peacefulness, nobody singing loudly in the office and no hint of extra flesh from clothes that are too revealing. Great. I love it. It just makes my week at work tick.

Anyway, the crucial issue was this. The bosses had their weekly meeting in then morning and the moment it finished, my boss told us to see him in the office. Important decisions that changed my work environment was made. All along, we've been sending our reports to Mr B for approval. As of today, I no longer have to do that. Apparently, the decision made at the meeting was that from now on, with immediate effect, my boss would approve our reports, no longer would it be Mr B. In fact, I was trying very hard to hide my excitement and prevent myself from laughing out loud when my boss announced the decision. That means, no longer will my reports be disapproved because of a spelling error, grammar error or because Mr B doesn't understand the meaning of a certain word. Great.

I really think that my bosses are shrewd. To think that they made this kind of decision when she is not around. Imagine how would she feel when she comes back next week and realise that her authority over us is stripped. This is exciting. I can't wait to see her reaction. Tsk...