Thursday, January 11, 2007

Reply from a long lost one...

It was a boring day today. Except for going to Bugis during lunchtime and meeting Hui Juan after work to go home together, nothing really excited me, until...

I logged on to my email and saw a reply from Mr Chua! In case you're wondering who Mr Chua is, he was my Civics and Economics tutor in JC. My class was his first civic class and we saw him from a teacher-in-training to a full-fledged teacher. In the two years that I was in SR, he was the one that made the difference. I never really did well for my Economics but he always had the faith and believed in me. He was the one who gave me "The Alchemist" and it was the book that inspired me!

Anyway, Mr Chua left Singapore for the US about two years ago to pursue his Masters degree. For the past two years, I emailed him a few times and did not receive any reply from him. I seriously wondered if he had received my emails or was I sending to the wrong email address all the time! I decided to take a chance anyway. I sent him an e-card about two days ago on his birthday and today he gave me a reply. Well, he has graduated and now he's still in the US and working for HSBC! Cool man! Now, the most touching part of the email reply was this:

"It's great to hear from you again, one of my best students".

Ahhh!!! How sweet... Very short and simple but makes me happy! Yippee!