Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Initial D

Ok ok... I am finally writing about Initial D. I promised Hui Juan that I would write about Initial D so I am writing it now. I went to watch Initial D with Hui Juan, and you can imagine? I booked tickets to watch Initial D! Its my first for a Chinese movie. Come to think of it, Initial D is the second Chinese movie I watched this year... Normally dun watch one... Anyway, talk about booking tickets, I was quite, no, it should be very irritated with Shaw's booking system. First of all, you have to set up an user account to book tix. When you finally log in, you dunno where the screen is, there is no indication, to play safe, I booked seats in the middle row. Anyway, I was quite sceptical before I watched Initial D and Joshua thought that I was watching it because of all the handsome leads. But no, it isn't. Before (notice: its "before") I watched it, I didn't like Shawn Yue's moustache, I didn't like Edison's attitude, I didn't like Jay Chou's "zhuai-ness" and I didn't like Anthony Wong's critical attitude. Anyway, that was before the show. Everything changed after I watched it. Yes, women are fickle... Haha... Only Shawn Yue could pull off a moustache like this, you can't imagine it on Edison or Jay. And yes, Edison is really good looking with that dimpled smile, and Jay Chou is really stylo. Imagine lah, driving only with one hand without a care of what is really going on... Oh man! Super cool! Ok... Enough about the leads. You have Chapman To, Kenny B and Anthony Wong, put them together and they provide all the laughter in the movie. It isn't a comedy but having them in the show provide all the jest. And its one the few shows that had me laughing from beginning to end... Anyway, I started liking Jay Chou again after the movie... Hehe...