Monday, July 11, 2005

Batman Begins... War of the Worlds...

Arrgh... It seems that I can't keep a updated blog... I can't believe that I writing what I have seen in 2 weeks in one entry. Unbelievable... Anyway, let's start from Batman Begins. Well so far, I think this is one of the best Batman movies. Ok, I only saw the ones starring Val Kilmer and George Clooney but this is the best among all 3. The whole movie has a very dark feel... Everything is black and on the dark side... But at least its more human, and this Batman is the only superhero who has no super powers so it seems to be more humanized... Haha... I can't remember the rest liao...
War of the Worlds... Ok, so it is starring Tom Cruise... Actually, I was more interested in watching Dakota Fanning. She's a very young actress but she can act very well. I loved her role in Man on Fire with Denzel Washington. She is simply dazzling as an actress. But this movie kinda downplayed her acting skills. Throughout the show, she was screaming most of the time and her screams are really shrieking! Anyway, this show was more family focused. Tom Cruise was essentially acting as super dad saving his children, so everyone disappears and they survive. Still a little bit unrealistic lah cos he was acting as a dockyard worker in the show. But I take my hat off the author (can't remember his name) of War of the Worlds. He wrote the book in 1892 and his imagination is just amazing! Its more than a 100 years since the book was written and we only see it on the big screen now! So you can imagine what kind of imagination he has at the 19th century when technology was still not so advanced yet... Amazing...