Monday, July 18, 2005

Arise and Build 2005

The weekend is over, but over the weekend, it was a special moment for all of us in City Harvest. With the grace of God, we built Him a house in Jurong West, but 3 years later, we have now outgrown the building and so a bigger dream has burst forth. For those who are clueless, Arise and Build is a fund-raising campaign that CHC has embark on to build a new building "in the marketplace, for the market place, to penetrate the marketplace". Its not just about building a building but it is about building God a house. As I sat down in the main audi on Friday night, my mind began to wander. I tried to recall how many times I have pledged, I started to recall how much I have pledge, and once again, I recalled what God has spoken to me about this pledge. How much was I going to give? Its not that I didn't plan but God has an amazing way in working through you. Sometimes you think that the amount has been decided, but when service starts, suddenly a still small voice will speak to you. That was what happen to me. As I sat there listening to Pastor, the Holy Spirit spoke to me, prompting me to increase my amount not just by tens of dollars, but my hundreds! For a moment, I was thinking if it was really the Holy Spirit but yeah, it was Him. I started to calculate but somehow I felt there wasn't a need. If He has spoken, then let it be to me according to His will. Tears began to well up my eyes even before I started writing the pledge card, by the time I was finished, my tears were just flowing. I wasn't crying because it was too much of an amount to give and it wasn't because I couldn't bear to part with my money, I was crying because I was giving my precious. Nothing is ever precious to God if it isn't precious to you. I didn't know what faith it took to write down that amount in the pledge card but if God has spoken, then He is going to bring it through me...