Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy 23rd Birthday!

Ta da! It was my birthday yesterday but the celebration began on Monday! My colleagues bought me a cake and I received a lot of gifts from them. Wendy bought me a shoe wallet, TSH & SSH bought me a Kipling purse, Peiyun bought me an ornament from a German shop, Swee Han gave me a choker, and Huixia & Carol gave me a necklace. The best thing was Carol bursting into my office to place the necklace over my neck in full view of my colleagues, my boss and Mr. B. Needless to say, I knew the plot. What a contrast between Mr B and my birthday... Haha... Evil...

Anyway, I met Hui Juan after work on Monday and we to K-box and sang for more than 3 hours! It was great fun since it had been a long time since we sang. And I am still waiting patiently for my present... Hehe...

And then the clock hit 12! Joshua called me and gave me a touching "speech" and after that, he was off having supper till 3am with his friends. Haha... Not that I mind though... He needs to enjoy himself too. Anyway, I immediately called Hongda after Joshua hanged up. How could I ever forget Hongda?! The guy who was born on the same year, same month and same day as me! For once, I beat him in wishing each other "Happy Birthday"! Usually he is faster than me and this time I beat him to it! Haha... This kind of thing also want to compete...

Well, the best time was of course reserved for Tuesday. Met my laoshi in the afternoon for lunch and was really challenged and motivated by him by the time we were done. He is really doing well in his career now and he is willing to teach me to get the best of his job. Right now, all I need to do is to convince my parents, establish my goals, take the risk and off I go to a whole new world. This will be my line of thought for the next two weeks. To make a decision and stick to it. No regrets this time.

After that, I finally met Joshua. I was waiting for him and shopping around Raffles City Shopping Centre when I saw him. Well, too bad, he wanted to give me a surprise but I caught him. Nevertheless, he was still very sweet. He bought me a bouquet of tulips and an Ed Hardy t-shirt with my favourite design!!! Woo hoo! I was really really touched. But that's not all. For dinner, we went to Ritz-Carlton for their international buffet. I was literally filled and fed to fullness with the desserts. Yes, I ate more desserts than main course. They were simply irresistible! Anyway, the night went well, the ambience at Ritz-Carlton was simply wonderful and I was literally touched to the core of my heart!

Last of all, I was simply touched by all my friends who remembered my birthday. Most importantly, they were from my friends in secondary. They made the effort to remember... Yuan Qian, Kam Choy, Justus... 3 guys but they remembered...