Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Technology nowadays

I guess technology nowadays are really shortlived... When their time is up, their time is up! I am quite a careful user of things and I dun change my things frequently... But apparently... Take for instance, my laptop. It has a warranty of 3 years. It will be another 3 months before the warranty is up, but recently it had a hardware malfunction. Hui Juan's laptop also had problems, she had a trojan and her usb drives were not functioning. So we brought our laptops for servicing today. And we were not the only ones. In front of us and behind of us, people were getting their laptops serviced. Amazingly, all of us sent the same model of laptops for servicing! It only tells you so much uh? I also had a problem with my printer, used it for 3 years already and it went dead on me 2 days ago. Sigh... So it spells change! But I guess it can't be helped... technology is moving so fast. Manufacturers can only produce products that won't last too long. If it lasts too long, no one will buy new products. Moreover, I guess we are fickle as well. We always want the latest gadgets, no one wants use something obsolete. That's the irony...