Thursday, May 26, 2005

Post-production

Hmm... I guess its about more than a week that I wrote something... Anyway, its my blog so I can write whenever I want... Haha... Sounds domineering eh? Well, I guess I was quite privileged today. For those who don't know, I am in the choir ministry in CHC. Normally we would have choir practice on Wednesdays. However, there was no choir practice today. All I remembered was that in the late morning, Idy (my choir IC) smsed me and told me to go for the church recording. And surprise surprise! The venue of the recording studio was just 2 bus stops away from my house! Alright, besides that surprise, I find it quite a privilege to be part of the post-production of the church's latest worship album. During the live recording in April, I was having my exams. I wanted to go to the live recording so badly that I was so disappointed when I found that the dates clashed with my exams! I was really really disappointed and I kept on whining about it. I whined and whined till Joshua could not take it. It didn't help that Joshua could go for the recording as part of Strikeforce and I couldn't. I remembered that during the first night of the recording, I was at home studying for my papers. Halfway through, I started to wonder what the congregation was doing in the recording, what were they singing etc... So sad... Anyway, back to post-production. It was my first time in a recording studio. Daniel and Leah Pringle (Pst Phil Pringle's elder son and daughter-in-law) were there to monitor us (the choir). We recorded a few songs. Some songs were difficult, some were easy. For some songs, we had to keep singing and singing again so that the notes/keys/parts were correct. It was a fun process although quite a few of us became quite hungry at the end of it. I dun think anyone (besides recording artistes) would have the chance to step into a recording studio at all, so it was quite an experience for me. Well, although I didn't make it for the live recording, at least, I played a little role in the post-recording process. I guess that makes up for that loss... Thank you Jesus! *wink*