Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Pst Phil Pringle

Pst Phil Pringle (yes, its Pringle, but he ain't the owner of that potato chips company) is my favourite preacher. I first heard him preach when I was 15 years. Its been a long time since. He is a carrier of God's presence. Besides that, he is an anointed preacher, a creative person. Want to know how creative is he? He is colour blind but yet he can paint! He has art exhibitions and he gets people saved through his paintings! He also write songs and his church is one of the most creative churches in the whole world. Its amazing how God puts His creativity in Him and use Pst Phil for His purposes. I mean God is Elohim, creator God. With Him, comes creativity, productivity and ability. It is His creativity that enables people that are colour blind to be able to paint. Ain't He amazing?Pst Phil was the one who got me convicted in committing to God. Back then, I was just a restless 15 year old attending church every week and not having a serious attitude towards God, it was just religiosity. But Pst Phil came for a 3 night seminar. I attended the first night and I was awed by him. I remember that I only wanted to go for one meeting but somehow I felt led to attend the meeting on the third night also. In the end, I went and sacrificed a friend's birthday barbecue. But I was so glad I went. That was the first time I experienced God's presence... When I backslided, the first thing that got me going to church again was Pst Phil. He was in town and a ex-CG member invited me. And I went. And the rest is history. From then on, there was no turning back. That was the start of an adventure with God. Through different trials and testings, I continued to trust in Him. Pst Phil sowed that seed of faith, commitment and trust in God into my life and that was all I needed. And I have never regretted that decision since... This week, he is back again for a seminar and weekend services. It was an amazing first night. It was just about the presence of God. That tangible touch from the Spirit. It will bring forth greater things and I believe that for the next few sessions, I will continue to be awed by the presence of God... Amen.