Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Potter Mania... Emily Rose... Balcony

Its the Potter mania! Went to CineLeisure yesterday and they were having a gala premiere of Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, and on Sunday I caught the preview of it on HBO. Exciting! The entire 5th floor of CineLeisure was filled with Potter posters! Everywhere you turn, its Harry Potter, even the lift! Gosh... It's big time Potter mania!

Anyway, I went to watch Emily Rose yesterday. Had been wanting to catch it since I saw the trailer a few months ago. The only complaint about it was that the cinema that I was in was noisy and full of screaming girls. They scream at every little thing and they screamed more and they screamed louder than Emily herself. Irritating? Yes, I was. But back to the movie itself, I totally agree with what Father Moore says, "Demons exist whether you believe it or not". To me, its totally true. Besides, I feel that this movie has an effect on believers and non-believers. Sometimes, people just want to believe in facts not possibilities, like the prosecutor, Ethan Thomas. He is a man of faith but does not believe in the spiritual possession of Emily. Are there Christians like that? Yes, there are, to them, facts are facts, faith is faith and either one should not cross each other's path. If there are believers like that, you can be sure that non-believers think likewise. But I certainly hope that this movie has open up your mind and give you the possibility that things beyond the natural do happen.

Lastly, its about the Balcony in Heeren. The Balcony is a new bar that has just opened in the Heeren. I really love the ambience and concept of the place. It is a nice place to chill out and hang out with friends. But I had some problems with the menu. Because the lights were dim, I didn't the notice the dot between 13 and 5 and I thought that a cheese platter costs $135! Haha... Expensive cheese ah? Hehe... It was $13.5 and my eyes played tricks on me! Anyway, it's a nice place to hang out in, perfect for those after dinner kind of thing...