Saturday, November 19, 2005

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire

That's it! That's it! I am never ever never ever going to watch movies in the afternoon during the holidays again! Had the first encounter during Emily Rose and now Harry Potter! The kids were noisy, irritating and I really felt like throwing them out of the cinema. When the show started, a bunch of girls sitting on the same row as me started screaming! Hey, I know you are excited but you don't scream, you whistle or cheer but not scream. Moreover, its not as if you are the first ones in S'pore who watched Harry Potter. Thousands have done it before you, you do that if you watch the premiere or at 12am on 17 Nov. Arrgh...

Anyway, back to Harry Potter. This is really the darkest movie yet. If you think The Prisoner of Azkaban was dark, this is even darker. Harry finally faces Lord Voldemort and it was a a battle of past hurts and wanting to destroy Lord Voldemort. And as usual, Ron provides the funny moments and Hermione is getting prettier. The triwizard tournament is really interesting but it was manipulated and that's how we get to see Lord Voldemort. One thing that stands out from the Harry Potter movies is its CGI, it never fails to impress. But this movie has too many characters, as such, none of the actors really had a chance to maximise their acting skills. I thought Katie Leung (as Cho Chang) had a large part in the movie but she only appeared in a few scenes. But I guess there might be more in the future. I've got a strong feeling that I will watch The Goblet of Fire again... Hehe...