Sunday, November 05, 2006

Arise & Build 2006

The second Arise & Build for the new building today... Really went through an emotional roller-coaster...

Sometimes, I am just amazed at the way God works... I was sitting in the service listening to Pastor Kong's preaching and the whole time I was reasoning or rather bargaining with God the amount I was about to pledge. Sometimes, God really challenges you beyond your wildest imagination. Anyway, after giving to the building fund six times, I should know that there was no point "bargaining" with God. In fact, I shouldn't be doing that! What was I thinking?! Nevertheless, after much emotional struggle, and when I was filling up my pledge card, God spoke again. Alright, no point in struggling now. The key - listen and obey.

And so... I gave my precious again... Wanted to give a comfortable amount but realised that it won't give me any breakthrough and my blessings will remain at the Jurong West level. So I had to go beyond it, breakthrough into the spiritual and natural.

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy... From this day forward, I will bless you...

God, I believe and trust in You...