Friday, June 10, 2005

Extraordinary Emerge 2005

Emerge is a youth conference that is organised annually by CHC since 2003. This is the third year running and the theme for this year's Emerge is "Extraordinary". And it has really been an extraordinary conference. The standard for the various competitions is getting higher and the performance for every event is getting better. Indeed it is really moving from glory to glory! Putting aside the competitions, the music, the songs, the dance, what struck me the most was the presence of God. We can have the testimonies, the sermons, the praise and worship but without the presence of God, the conference would have boiled down to nothing. Words can never describe the presence of God. At the end of the conference, I know that whatever has been done or said isn't the focus, but the focus is just about the presence of God. Worship is not about the songs we sing, its not about how well I can pray, its not about the music, its not about how well I know the Bible, it is just about GOD. It is coming back to the heart of worship when nothing else matters except God. Essentially, it is a time for me to renew my pledge of love to God, and its a further confirmation that I never ever want to be away from His presence. For the rest of my life, I never want to turn away from Him...
As I sang "I never know how much it cost to see my sin upon the cross", it took on a new meaning. I knew it cost God everything to have Jesus on the cross but it really makes you think why would God want to do that. It is His love for us and He chose to gave His only son. His magnitude of love is indescribable, so on one hand I knew that it cost God everything but on the other hand I really didn't know how much He gave and sacrificed so that I could be saved...