Sunday, September 02, 2007

SOT - Class of 2007

I've graduated... For the past three days, I've really been going through an emotional roller-coaster...

Friday was the last day of school. The last day to take the van. The last day sitting at the back with Alvin, Carol, James, Wen Kai and David. The last day seeing David, James and Wen Kai lying on the van sleeping. I am so going to miss all of them. Every morning taking the van with them, laughing, talking, listening to lame jokes, listening to songs with the lyrics changed, sleeping and trying to catch up with Bible reading, studying for exams. I am so going to miss all of these. At the end of the class that day, I cried buckets of tears. The presence of God was there and I know that life will never be the same again...

Four and a half months ago, together with 460 students, I embarked on this life-changing journey. Come to think of it, I was almost not going to SOT initially. If God had not intervened, prompting Steven to speak right into my heart, I would not have made this decision. SOT was always something that I wanted to do since I was studying in NUS. During that time, I told myself that two years after my graduation, I would enrol myself in SOT, and I almost didn't do it until God intervened. Now, I have absolutely no regrets in taking this step of faith.

The past four and a half months wasn't easy. I juggled between work and SOT, family, ministry, lack of sleep, but my days have never been so fulfilling. I served in the choir every day, struggling to reach at 8am every morning, printing songsheets, going through the songs with the choir, verifying ministry hours and collecting ministry forms. Every day was a challenge to stay awake, waking up on time, handling in assignments, Bible reading, etc, etc. It wasn't easy but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

But the most important thing was the friendships made in SOT. For four and a half months, all of us laboured together, went through the same exams, preaching tests, encouraged one another, bless one another, wake one another up in class and served together. Now it's all over and I am already missing everyone... But the real adventure is also beginning... And the ship is leaving the harbour...

SOT - Team 6

SOT Choir

The van riders


PS: I'll try to put up more photos soon.