Sunday, June 01, 2008

Change

The only constant in life is change.

There's no doubt about that statement. But sometimes, when you are so comfortable, change is indeed difficult.

Spoke to KNN on Friday. In fact, everything started on Thursday. Before he left the office, he told me to see him the first thing in the morning on Friday and he refused to tell me what it was about. Came Friday morning, and the moment I stepped into his office, he told me to close the door. The moment he said that, I knew somehow that it was about a posting out of HQ. I was right.

I didn't have much of a choice. He only gave me 15 mins to think. He cornered me. He gave me two sections to choose from. Both of which were places that I did not want to go to, simply because - I didn't like the bosses in those two places. But I didn't have a choice. I took the one that would enable me to be the pioneer, the one that could let me set the precedence, the one that allow me to move with no senior officers clipping my wings. So, I'll be moving out of HQ, get posted to another section and be holding two portfolios - HQ work and sectional work.

On the bright side, I take heart that I could move around. I've worked here for two and a half years and I've moved sections that allow me to learn new things unlike some officers who have not moved at all. This time is something totally new to me.

New posting starts on 9 June. Wish me luck.