Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crazy Monday

It took me two hours to get to work today.

It was crazy. Madness.

My entire journey to work today allowed me to listen to three Jay Chou albums. Yes, that's how long it is. I was listening to the radio before I went to work today and the DJs reported that there was a train disruption between Pasir Ris and Tampines. I thought it would be solved by the time I reached the MRT. After all, this was what happened the last time. But... By the time I reached the MRT, there were still no services. I didn't have a choice. I didn't want to spend $30 (at least) to my workplace, so I walked over to the bus stop to catch the shuttle service.

It was chaotic.

Too many people, too little buses and the buses took too long to come. Eventually, I took a bus to the airport, took the train to Tanah Merah MRT and took the west bound train to my workplace. By the time I reached my workplace, the train service was still in disruption. It was 9.30am. Exactly two hours since I left my house. Bad start to a Monday.

But things got worse when I switched on the computer. KNN sent me an email on Saturday and he wanted me to do something and submit to him by the end of Monday! For the record, I don't work on the weekends! Argh. It was one whole day of madness and KNN actually called me at 6 plus to tell me that he wanted some changes to what I had submitted to him! No choice, just gotta do it. Mad Monday. Mad start to a week.