Monday, December 10, 2007

Increase in taxi fares

The cost for public transport just became more expensive. My dad was watching the news when I overheard the rise in taxi fares. To confirm and to know what was going on, I logged on to ChannelnewsAsia and this was what I found:

- Changes to taxi fares will kick in next Monday, 17 Dec 07.
- The flag down rate for a Comfort or CityCab will rise to $2.80.
- Metered fare will cost $0.20 per 385 metres of travel for the first 10 kilometres and $0.20 per 330 metres for journeys beyond 10 kilometres.
- Every 45 seconds of waiting time will cost $0.20.
- Peak hour surcharge will no longer be available, instead it will be 35% of the metered fare.
- CBD surcharge will rise to $3.
- Midnight surcharge will be a flat rate of 50% on the metered fare.
- Booking fees during peak hours will be at $3.50 instead of $4.00.

I don't even need a new year resolution. This is what I need to trigger my 省钱大计划。

我必须准时出门,必须勤劳一点,不要每次贪方便。