Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Updates

Hey folks!

Haven't been blogging for the past three weeks cos I've been busy. Busy with work, CG events, watching Youtube (haha!), blah blah blah...

Anyway, work has really been piling up and the first day I went back to work after my week long holiday was full of angst. I went into the office, opened up my email and realised that my inbox had exceeded the threshold. To think that I had deleted dozens of emails before I left. Apparently, it wasn't enough. Oh yeah, I was full of angst by the end of the day. I mean, since I am away for five days, I do expect my covering officer to cover for me right? Guess what? My covering officer left things as it was and sent me something like "so and so said that he can wait till you're back to do this"! Hello?! Anyone home?! It was just a simple finance request and you want me to do it when I come back?! It was such a simple issue, uploading needs five to ten minutes and if KNN is around, everything would be approved within an hour! So you need wait five days for this?! It is no wonder that people call my covering officer a dinosaur and parasite (ok, 'parasite' - I said it).

So like what I said, I was full of angst right? By the end of the day I was lamenting endlessly and I didn't even know that KNN had walked in and heard me lamenting. So I told him I was full of angst. He asked why. I said "because your officers drive me up the wall". He said I had to be zen about it! I mean, how can I be zen when they are driving me up the wall?! PY told KNN that lamenting, or rather complaining keeps us sane otherwise we might go insane. I totally agree. With that, KNN had nothing to say. Haha. *evil grin*

Then, I had to do budget planning, business plan, was appointed operations manager. Man, I don't know what is that. Promotion? I don't think so. Its more about becoming a point of contact. Whatever it is, all these are foreign to me and I am still learning. Let's just hope that I won't be weighed down by all the red tape. Because it will just slow me down. Btw, did I mention that IES is hiring? Still thinking if I should go for it. Then its time to update my resume! But somehow, I don't feel the timing is right. How?! Screams!

And yes, 'kongsi' irritate me again. Since his last attempt to sabotage me did not work out, he was out to do it again. But, I've learned my lesson. I've learnt how to deal with him. Presentation? How many times do I need to tell him that KNN says that I do not have to do it? And you have to keep on asking me? I mean, if KNN says I do not have to do it, it means I do not have to do it. In case he forgets, my direct boss is KNN, the number one man in the department, so whatever he says counts. Since you want to irritate me I just have to deal with you shrewdly. I went to KNN's office, asked him once and for all if I had to do the presentation, he said no, told him that I was fed up with queries from 'kongsi', said thank you and stormed up of his office, wrote a email to 'kongsi' and cc-ed KNN. Needless to say, kongsi acknowledged the decision that I do not have to present.

你做初一,我做十五。我不是个坏人,但在必要的情况下,我绝对会懂得怎么对付你。

Anyway, there are still lotsa things I want to say but I guess this is enough rambling on my work. Ta da!