Wednesday, October 24, 2007

此地不宜久留

I just had a company retreat today. Seriously, it was disappointing. I know his emphasis was not to turn it into a complaint session, but I did not expect him to take the whole session in such a manner. I was disappointed with the retreat and disappointed with what he said. Were my expectations too high? Perhaps, this is why I feel so disappointed. Yes, it is my first retreat and I didn't know what to expect, and maybe this is why...

If you feel that we can only be editors, we are overpaid and division two officers can do our work, why hire us? I do not need you to put us down and butter us up after that. It doesn't work this way and I am not the least convinced or convicted by what you have said. Yes, I am a civil servant and I need to provide service but I provide service to the nation and not to your so called "uncomfortable officers". You said that we should not work for money. I agree but I also need money to paid my bills, provide for my family and money is used on a daily basis. Just because I serve the nation, it doesn't mean that I do not need to feed myself. You think we are overpaid. The fact that you think that way means that you do not know my scheme of service at all. The fact is, my salary is 16 to 20 percent lower than the market rate and why "invent a new scheme" when I am already pegged to this scheme. It just shows how much you know about my scheme.

I know I need to leave this place. As for when, I do not know yet. But that day will come.