Monday, March 13, 2006

Talk less, listen more!

"So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" - James 1:19

I am totally in agreement with the verse above. Call me slow or whatever but recently, I just found out how important it was to listen and talk less. Yes, I may ask for your opinion but I need you to listen as well. When I say listen, it means being a good listener and absorbing what I've been saying, not just listening for the sake of listening and letting my words fall on deaf ears. Right now, I am totally frustrated with a certain someone who hasn't been listening to what I said. How many times do I need to repeat myself before you remember what I say?! It is totally irritating to keep repeating myself. For those of you out there, remember to listen! Sometimes, your personal opinion doesn't matter much, the most important thing is to be a good listener to your friend and that to me is what matters the most...