Sunday, November 25, 2007

The big '2'

Just three days ago, I hit my big '2' in my organisation. Two years since joining this place. In fact, I had been telling people and counting down but when I hit the big '2' on that day, I forgot all about it. In fact, it was when I knocked off and asked my colleague on the date that day, then did I realise that I hit the big '2' unknowningly. What a joke. Haha. Anyway, that makes me one of the award winners of the "Big 'L' Award" (try and find out what this means). Two years. This seems long. Consider the fact that I wanted to quit within six months I started work over here. Somehow, I think I just managed to plough through the mudslinging and politics. I made my stand clear. Those involved in the politics, continue to play your silly political games. You want to draw me into it? Fat hope. I will not be bullied into it, so wake up your idea. Promotion will come. It's just a matter of time, this is how it works over here, no point backstabbing and trying to profile yourself.

Oh... Btw, did I mention that I am meeting my mentee for lunch soon? Ha. The perils of a senior officer with just two years of experience. What a joke.