Saturday, June 03, 2006

EMERGE Session 3

Went to for Session 3 of Emerge tonight... Didn't go for Session 2 as I was working. Nevertheless, at least I could make it! And never in my wildest dream did I expect to see Kelly Poon, Hong Junyang and Taufik Batisah performing in church! It almost became a mini-concert! As I was wondering why did the orgainsers for Emerge invited them, I realised that it was a simple message that the pastors were driving at. That is, to pursue our dreams! Pst Kong preached that all of us have dreams and God can use us in a way that we can never imagined. Through the years, I had many dreams, some have been broken and is dead but I am waiting for its resurrection. These dreams can only become better and will be fulfilled in time to come...

Every year in Emerge, Pst Kong would begin Session 1 on why we need to have a campus ministry and day 2 would be focused on spiritual hunger. It was the same this year. After the fantastic performance, Pst Kong wasted no time in getting into the message. It was a simple and short sermon but the message was driven home. To have spiritual hunger, to spend time with God, the simple basics but the most essential for God to use somebody. Once again, I was touched, my commitment strenghthened and my spirit revived...